Material Characterization is a key competence for successful numerical modeling. AMIC specialized in determining standard and non- standard material models. As material behavior strongly depends on processing and microstructure, each material in electronics packaging requires specific material characterization.
A strong background in material science is available for customer-oriented material characterization. Techniques beyond state of the art material characterization are under constant development within national and European projects.
- Fracture mechanical Characterization (Bulk and Interface)
- Stress intensity factors KI
- Critical energy release rate Gc
- Mechanical material characterization (TMA, DMA)
- Coefficient of thermal expansion CTE
- Visco-elastic material properties E, tan δ
Fracture Mechanics Analysis
AMIC develops new testing devices such as Advanced-Mixed-Mode Bending for the understanding of crack initiation and propagation