There are very few low cost and non-destructive techniques available for failure mode investigations such as delamination in electronic packages. Here at AMIC, we have developed a novel delamination detector based on the 3-Omega principle and Thixel array. The 3-Omega chip comprises of the Thixel array in a 10×10 matrix below the chip. Each thixel detects heat signatures altered due to delamination in the form of 3-Omega voltage.
- Based on 3ω method
- Low-cost, non-destructive failure analysis technique
- Sensor matrix of 10×10 Thixels to cover the entire chip area
- Parallel readouts using multiplexer design
- Delamination investigation
- Detection of failure of electrical integrity of a sensor